Skip to main content

When I felt like an action hero in the mall

 

6 months later I had gotten a chance to go out, it’s not that I saw the world after 180 days I just didn’t get a proper reason to move out, but today was different. We had run out some grocery and my brother and I decided to go to the mall and get whatever we need, we packed some of the extra bags with since we knew how we shop and they charged us extra for those feeble plastic bags they have there.

All set with the essentials we arrived at the mall, much to my surprise the mall was just crowded as they were before the lockdown, the COVID-19 era hadn’t changed much of the human society, we go out just as much, only that we wear a mask when we go out. that’s it!

We reached and wondered the place, nothing has changed, all, as usual, we collected all that we needed and head out. I noticed an old lady standing in front of the line, she was quite strange, wearing a scarf, a knitted sweater with an umbrella in her hand, and a baby pink sari inside. I wondered who wears baby pink! As if all of her attire is not weird enough, I guess after an age you just run out of fu*ks to give. She was in that stage.

Naturally my gaze happened to pass on the things she bought. The trolley was almost empty, with some biscuits and sanitary pads. I instantly thought she still gets periods!! Holy shit!... naa she won't be needing it, would she?

In the line besides ours, I saw a man without a mask, and I went into emergency mode on the spot, I have this thing where I stop my breath if I am not in a comfortable place, this time I felt that this guy could be dangerous to all. He was soaking wet, came in with a hat and raincoat, straight out of a dumpster it felts, must be a local who feels that this place is his second home, there are people like, coming in and going out of grocery stores and mall as they’re the staff.

I was thinking all this when I felt that he was going to sneeze and as if my spider sense goes turned on, I saw the world slow down, all I had in front of me was this lady’s umbrella, within a fraction of the second I grab her umbrella and flash it open protecting us. Turns that guy did sneeze and that too on the umbrella. Fortunately, we got it covered.

The crowd got furious, everyone was there to scold him and even the manager was rushed there with the sanitizers and a disposable mask, we made him apologize for not wearing a mask in public.

Later the woman thanked me for saving us and was impressed by my reflexes. She was a nice lady after all.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Scholar Scoundrel

Over the years of being an average student I always wondered how and what is it that the brilliant students do that sets them apart from the crowd, what magic potion they drink and what notes they make, just like so many of us I've been in the rut of asking the scholars for their notes, much to my chagrin I didn't really see any substantial differences except they were much more organized and diverse than most of the average student's. I saw some of them cramming text books, some referred foreign authors, others were after teachers for...you know why! But still I knew there is something they did differently that made the epiphany. Days past and I forgot about it, everyone does...until the next exam, then again studying late night with my friends I thought "how the hell these scholars do it!!", I mean the time me and my friends are mugging up answers and teaching each other concepts we don't fully understand, bantering over stuff we could have done, and wh...

How to be funny- A character analysis

How to make someone laugh has always been a question for many, what is it that makes people tickle and how can I do it too?! Well here we learn from the greatest of fictional characters that have inspired me to be funny...let's see how they do it. A sense of humor is a gift it helps you blend in with people to understand their emotions and complexities. It's not only a tool to make others laugh but also for yourself. Humor gives you the perspective to view the world in a very unusually unique and that makes the humor game so creative. Funny people always have a way out! Heck! Even smiling can do it, suppose your teacher or wife is scolding you for some reason and you just happen to give them a smile!.. the tension dissolves. Personally having a sense of humor has helped me a lot in life, I've made friends, have better experiences with strangers, got out of troubles, and always had a good! Now, do I have to tell you the benefits of laughter?!? In a very basic sense, it h...

EXAMS

  Exams were invented/discovered to analyse and improve the student function and to improve his ability to face the world. Exams were a tool for the teachers to evaluate the the students understand the blindspots and fill them. In ancient times the students left their homes and lived with their teachers , rishis and yogis would come to their houses and select their pupils and take them to train the as per their requirements. These trainings would consist of reading of vedas and purans, reciting the mantras and others spiritual practices. Focus was to create a well rounded individual who can face the array of difficulties and challenges life throughs at us. Students were also taught to defend themselves, cook, farm and take care of cattle and other domestic animals. Apart from that one teacher only had 2-5 students at his attention. This built a strong connection between the guru and sheeshya, many could call them a team and they were indeed. An example of individual training comes ...